08 Aug How to measure the effectiveness of digital marketing
Since digital marketing has come into play, the game has changed. In today’s digital world, it is now possible to measure hard cold statistics for how your marketing campaigns are performing and validate your return on investment (ROI).
While many people jump at the chance to examine leads and sales, there is actually so much more that can be measured when it comes to measuring the effectiveness of your digital marketing.
First, you need to have a goal. Even if your goal is to grow sales, you need a well-defined goal to refer to later on to compare and see if your digital marketing tactics have worked. Examples of digital marketing goals include:
- Showcase your brand: exposing your target audience to your brand and its offerings
- Grow demand: engaging with your target audience and building that trust through brand related content
- Drive decisions: leading your target audience to your brand offers
- Satisfy customers: ensuring your customers have a positive experience with your brand
- Create brand advocates: inspiring customers to influence their crowds to engage with your brand
Then, you need to establish a timeframe in which you want to achieve this by. Once these set-in stone, it’s time to launch your digital marketing strategies.
Obviously, the way in which you can measure the effectiveness of your strategies is varied and really based on what your main objective is. But some of the most common measurables include:
- Website traffic growth: was there an increase in site hits during your campaign?
- Type of visitor: did you receive new visitors or returning visitors?
- Length of session: did the average session on your website increase?
- Exit rate: at what point in the UX (user experience) did the exit rate occur?
- Conversion rate: did visitors actually do what you wanted them to do—whether it be a purchase, subscription or download?
At the end of the day, there is no set science behind creating a successful digital marketing strategy. It all comes down what objectives you want to achieve, understanding the ever-changing customer behaviour online and an open mindset to adapt your digital marketing strategies and be willing to try new things.
The best part about the digital world is that it is easier than ever to adapt your strategy/campaign, even once it is live. So, if something isn’t working, you can change it right then and there!
At Ameriam, we love to help our clients create strong digital marketing strategies that see results. Get in touch with us today to have a chat about how we can help you achieve your business goals! (INSERT CONTACT INFO HERE)